Canister Vacuum Ratings: Canister vacuum cleaners are lighter than uprights, but it’s sometimes a little more awkward to move and store the separate sweeper arm and canister. They’re convenient for vacuuming pet hair off of stairways and narrow areas. Suction power is generally a little less than uprights, but some models have the same or even higher power motors.
- Miele Cat and Dog S516 VacuumHighly-rated canister vacuum with HEPA, Super Air Clean, and active charcoal filters. Miele’s product satisfaction is backed by their industry leading 7-year warranty.
- Eureka Pet Lover Vacuum 3684FLight-weight canister vacuum that’s highly rated by pet owners. Features a HEPA filter and Arm & Hammer odor filtration bag. Only weighs 8.6 lbs with a powerful 12 amp motor and Eureka’s one-year warranty.
- Hoover S3765040 WindTunnel Vacuum Canister vacuum with electronic fingertip controls on the handle. Uses a HEPA allergen filter for pet hair and dander. Featues a 15 in wide vacuum path, one-year warranty, and weighs 13 lbs.
- Black and Decker VN1400P Pet Vacuum12 amp canister vacuum with lifetime washable HEPA filter. Weighs 23 lbs and features a 10 in vacuum path, 20 ft power cord, and Black and Decker’s two-year warranty.
- Eureka Pet Lover 940A Bagless CanisterCanister vacuum with pet power paw for hair on furniture and stairways. Features automatic cord rewind and removable dirt cup. Includes HEPA filter and one-year warranty.